Canada will welcome 350,000 immigrants per year by 2021 under the new plan of Express Entry. In 2018, Canada welcomed 310,000 and 330,000 in 2019. The numbers will increase in 2021 after a long break during the coronavirus period of 2020.
The Express Entry System of Canada will work on the basis of a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) that will sort the candidates who are eligible to apply for Canadian immigration. CRS is a point-based system that will prioritize the immigration of the most deserving candidates for Express Entry. Here are some things you need to learn about
Express Entry System today.
• In 2021, 401,000 new immigrants will enter Canada, out of which 108,500 will immigrate under the Express Entry System.
• The numbers will grow in 2022 and 2023. The expected number of immigrants to enter Canada in 2022 under Express Entry is 110,500 and 113,750 in 2023.
• In 2020, Canada issued 107,350 Express Entry invitations that were a record high even during the year’s pandemic season. Canada continues to provide permanent residence to immigrants under their Express Entry system.
• 2020 became the record-breaking year of the number of immigrants receiving Express Entry, with over 100,000 candidates approved for permanent residence. The last draw for Express Entry in Canada was held on the 23rd of December, which invited 5,000 immigrants who have a CRS score of more than 468.
• Only those candidates who submitted their expressions of interest on or before the 4th of June 2020 were invited for Express Entry System. Before then, the Express Entry System only invited candidates with Canadian work experience and provincial nominees.
• According to the reports, Canada will welcome over 400,000 new immigrants every year from 2021 to 2023.
• The new immigration and permanent residence programs will provide better employment opportunities and residential facilities to the immigrants. All immigrants will enjoy all benefits of a citizen once they receive permanent citizenship of Canada.
• They will receive world-class healthcare facilities, free education for children, and several retirement benefits.
• The people with present citizenship can invite their spouses and children under the age of 22 and sponsor their immigration under Express Entry. However, one cannot invite their parents or grandparents and sponsor their immigration as a citizen of Canada. They will have to apply for citizenship separately under the Express Entry and
CRS point system.
• Once an immigrant receives permanent residence, they can move to any Canadian province or territory permanently. However, if they receive immigration through the programs from the provinces, they cannot move out of their provinces.
• The Canadian passport will provide travel visa-free with more than 180 countries around the world. It is the first thing a person can do as soon as they receive citizenship in Canada.